
World
US and UK military withdraw some personnel from Middle East amid Iranian threats
The Guardian
•January 14, 2026•By William Christou in Beirut👁️0
📰 Article Preview
Tehran closes its airspace to almost all flights after threatening to strike US bases in Middle East if it carries out pledge to intervene in IranIran protests: live updatesHundreds of gunshot eye injuries found in one Iranian hospitalIran protests: what we know so far about the anti-government demonstrationsThe US and UK have evacuated some personnel from a military base in Qatar amid concerns Washington might soon launch military action against Iran, although tensions between the two countries appeared to lessen on Wednesday night.A US official told Reuters and the Associated Press on Wednesday that the withdrawal was a precaution, while diplomats said some forces had been advised to leave al-Udeid base in Qatar. The UK is also withdrawing staff from the base, the Guardian understands. Continue reading...
This is a preview of the full story.
Continue Reading on The Guardian→