
World
US and UK military to withdraw some personnel from Middle East amid Iranian threats
The Guardian
•January 14, 2026•By William Christou in Beirut👁️0
📰 Article Preview
Tehran threatens to strike US bases in Middle East if Washington carries out pledge to intervene in Iran Iran protests: live updatesHundreds of gunshot eye injuries found in one Iranian hospitalIran protests: what we know so far about the anti-government demonstrationsThe US and UK have evacuated some personnel from a military base in Qatar amid concerns Washington might soon launch military action against Iran, which Tehran has warned would trigger retaliatory strikes.A US official told Reuters and the Associated Press on Wednesday that the withdrawal was a precaution, while diplomats said that some forces had been advised to leave al-Udeid base in Qatar. Continue reading...
This is a preview of the full story.
Continue Reading on The Guardian→