
Business
Trump threatens to block ExxonMobil from Venezuela after CEO calls country ‘uninvestable’
The Guardian
•January 12, 2026•By Reuters👁️0
📰 Article Preview
US president says company is ‘playing too cute’ after CEO responds sceptically to his push for oil investment after deposing Nicolás MaduroDonald Trump has said he might block ExxonMobil from investing in Venezuela after the oil company’s chief executive called the country “uninvestable” during a White House meeting last week.Darren Woods told the US president that Venezuela would need to change its laws before it could be an attractive investment opportunity, during the high-profile meeting on Friday with at least 17 other oil executives. Continue reading...
This is a preview of the full story.
Continue Reading on The Guardian→