
World
Iranian judiciary says protester Erfan Soltani not sentenced to death; Iran reopens its airspace – live
The Guardian
•January 15, 2026•By Adam Fulton👁️0
📰 Article Preview
Iranian state media quotes judiciary as saying Soltani not given death sentence, after family earlier told his execution had been postponedFull report: Iran protest killings have halted, Trump claims, as Tehran says executions are ‘out of the question’Iran crisis explained: what we know so farAnalysis: why western diplomats are wary of predicting regime’s end daysPodcast: Massacres and executions: what are we hearing from inside Iran?More now on Erfan Soltani: the 26-year-old Iranian man arrested on 10 January during Iran’s protests has not been sentenced to death, the country’s judiciary was quoted by state media as saying on Thursday.The judiciary said Soltani was being charged with “colluding against the country’s internal security and propaganda activities against the regime” but that the death penalty did not apply to such charges if they were confirmed by a court, Reuters has just reported. Continue reading...
This is a preview of the full story.
Continue Reading on The Guardian→